Thank you again for all of your work to make our trip so amazing. We know there are a huge number of moving parts to this and appreciate the care and attention you took to make it happen so smoothly. Croatia is an amazing and beautiful country. We are so glad we got the chance to explore some of it .
Here are some specific and general comments:
1. I appreciated you checking in with us.
2. Our transfers all went well – we were delayed into Venice but you guys reacted well with little delay.
3. Our drivers were outstanding – I may not have their real names (even though I’m now fluent in Croatian….) but Daniel, Harry and Franke were all professional and engaging. We enjoyed learning about the country through their experiences and thought all of them were very thoughtful and fun.
4. Our guide in Venice (Stephania?) was good, not great. We tend not to like getting into too much tedious detail on some of the religious symbols and like the scenery and bigger historical picture. We really liked the stroll through the town with Stephania – especially since this was our first stop.
5. Hotel Locanda Vivaldi was a perfect location and very nice.
6. The stop at Motovun was great and fine without a guide.
7.. I really appreciated your creativity and planning – the stop at San Servalo was a nice break and a good introduction to the craft beer world in Croatia.
8. We really liked Rovinja – and really liked having 3 days there. If we would do this again with more time, we’d plan to have 3 days in each location. Hotel Adriatic was perfectly located. We were in one of the top rooms which was pretty unique – not sure I would have picked it – we banged our head on the ceiling a number of times – more form than function. We didn’t change rooms but might have another time. It was nice to have bikes available.
9. The olive oil tasting and Villa Meneghetti were wonderful. We felt pretty special on both of these.
10. Plitvice Lakes and Krka were amazing and must see places for anyone traveling to Croatia – amazing – and you should really recommend swimming at Krka – it’s crowded but cool.
11. We were totally bummed we didn’t get more time in Zadar – what a wonderful city and such a cool “vibe”. We got there just in time to see the sunset from the waterfront – along with the sea organ and the “greetings to the sun” art work. I wish we had gotten more time here.
12. I know I’ve used a lot of superlatives already – but our stay at Tatjana’s and the meals/cooking lessons are something we’ll remember for a long time. It’s hard to pick the highlight of our trip – and I’m not going to try – but Tatjana was so gracious, amazing and so much fun. I suspect you’ve heard this before, but what a special stop on our trip.
13. Our guides –
Miko in Krka was outstanding. Dennis in Plitvice Lakes was good – not great. I can’t remember our guide in Rovinja, but she was really interesting and informative.
14. I really liked your choice of going inland from Split – Dom was outstanding and we saw a part of the country I never expected. I would keep this as a regular activity. Dom was great – we had to picnic in the car because of the rain but it was still fun. Dom worked so hard to recover from the rain – and we really appreciated it and thought it was a great success – and I really appreciated the craft brews…Dom also gave us the info on craft brews in Split.
15. We needed 2 or 3 more weeks. But the ending with Dennis was quite a surprise. Lauren is ready to move to Ston just to be nearer to the oysters. This was another experience we’ll remember for a long time.
16. This was a first class operation – and it was nice to hear such great things about Secret Dalmatia from all of your contractors.
Thanks again for making this so special. Let me know if you want to talk more on this.
Stuart and Lauren