We’re now settled back in after our trip, but wishing we are still in Croatia. We had an incredible time discovering your amazing country and were very happy with Secret Dalmatia- everything was well organized, follow-through was great and the itinerary, especially the side excursions, really made the trip special. Some more specific comments:
– the Hinterland visit with Dom was great. Dom was an enthusiastic and knowledgable guide and the meal we had at the small house was literally the best meal we’ve ever had in our lives (all four of us voted this way).
– the oyster farm tour and meal was unique and very memorable. Our host was very nice, we got a taste of local life and culture and not only were the oysters amazing but the mussels were so delicious too.
– In terms of hotels, Esplanade was one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at (and I travel a lot on business), Cornaro was kind of basic but clean, very good service, location and great breakfast. Bellevue was an excellent high end boutique hotel. Amfora though was not the best experience. Design and size of the rooms was not that comfortable and kind of a “mass market” type feel to the hotel. For us, I think a more quiet, smaller hotel or villa type accommodation would have been better in Hvar.
– all the guides were very professional and knowledgable.
– Maro, our driver for Dubrovnik and Montenegro was really good. Excellent driver but also very friendly and gave us a lot of info about Croatia and its people.
– My interaction with your colleague Diana to set the whole trip up was excellent and you guys do a great job of catering itineraries to suit each traveler’s wishes.
We really loved our trip and would like to go back to Croatia. Next time, we may look to do more self-driving and maybe stay at more local style accommodations and see some other cities which we haven’t seen. We will definitely be in touch again and hope you can help plan our next trip!